| I can't afford to go to a restaurant every day.每天都去餐馆吃饭,我真是支付不起。 |
| I’m very disappointed. 真让我失望。 |
| Had I taken a taxi, I wouldn't have been late. 如果我打的去的话就不会迟到了。 |
| You won’t get away with this. 你逃不掉惩罚的。 |
| Can you cover for me on Friday/help me/ tell me how to get there? 星期五能不能 请你替我个班/你能帮我吗/你能告诉我到那里怎么走吗? |
| Our destiny offers not the cup of despair but the chalice of opportunity. So let us seize it not in fear but in gladness. 命运给予我们的不是失望之酒,而是机会之杯。 |
| John asked Grace to marry him, 约翰向格雷斯求婚。 |
| The nurse assisted the doctor in the operating room.护士在手术室协助医生动手术。 |
| What do you do in your spare time? 空闲时间你干什么? |
| 这条街有多长? How long is the street? |
| 会议延期了。 The meeting is put off. |
| 正确的定义不但能避免争论,也能结束争论。 Just definitions either prevent or put an end to disputes. |
| 世界是一本书,没有旅行过的人只读了一页。 The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. |
| 一把钥匙开一把锁。 Open different locks with different keys. |
| 我们的处境相同。 We are in the sme boat. |
| 愚蠢的人总是为自己的错误辩护,聪明的人则力求改正自己的错误。 A stupid person always tries to justify himself for his mistakes; but a wise man tries his best to correct his errors. |
| 做事别逞能,用钱莫用尽,人言勿全信,说话留三分。 Do not all you can;spend not all you have;believe not all you hear;and tell not all you know. |
| 劳动是人类福祉的真正源泉。 Work is the true source of human welfare. |
| 不要给无故生气的人赔不是。 He that is angry without a cause, must be pleased without amends. |
| inflict vt. 使遭受,强加 |
| file n./vt. 锉,锉刀;文件夹;归档;纵列;成纵队前进 |
| set on sb. 攻击 |
| mutter v./n. 轻声低语;怨言 |
| thermometer n. 温度计 |
| dazzle vt. 眩目,耀眼;使迷惑 |
| boil v. 沸腾,(感情)激动,煮沸 |
| ponderous a. 沉重的,笨重的;(文章)冗长的 |